Welcome to MARGA!
Prof. Karthik Sundaresan directs the Mobile Advanced Research group at GATech (MARGA), where he leads a team of highly motivated students and researchers. The team works on cutting-edge research problems with real-world impact in various aspects of wireless and mobile networking, sensing and computing. Some of the broad areas of investigation in the group include, but not limited to:
- Connectivity for 5G/6G wireless systems (RAN, Core, Edge Computing, Dynamic Spectrum Access, Joint Communication & Sensing)
- Low power wireless networking and sensing (Backscatter networks, RFIDs, reconfigurable surfaces)
- ML in wireless (hybrid model/data-driven solutions for challenging networking and sensing problems)
- S3C (sensing, connectivity, computing, control) for autonomous systems (AGVs, UAVs, etc.)
Some recent news …
- Yu-Tai’s work on communication-aware collaborative positioning for FutureG wireless systems, will appear in ACM MobiHoc 2023.
- Mohammad receives a seed grant to explore commercialization of WaveTag.
- Mohammad presents his work on ultra low-power UWB tag design (WaveTag) at ACM MobiCom 2022.
- Study on WiFi FTM and its readiness for enterprise deployments receives best paper award at ACM WiNTECH 2022.
- MARGA receives NSF grant to explore coexistence of 5G positioning and communication.
- MARGA receives federal grant to explore the feasibility of `mobility inverted networks’.
Curious about the name MARGA? Check here!